We must learn to live with a Kingdom mindset. This world is only our temporary home. We were created for eternity, and we have a heavenly home waiting for us. What we do here impacts eternity. Therefore, we must learn to store up treasures in heaven and not simply on this earth. We must learn to trust that our Heavenly Father will take care of us. And, we must learn to love other people instead of judging them. God is calling us to live as His disciples. Let’s invest in what matters and live our lives for the glory of our great God!
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
Learn to see yourself as a steward of what has been entrusted to you?
For where your treasure is there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
- God owns everything. We are simply stewards of what He has entrusted to us.
- How are you using what God has entrusted to you for His glory?
- Your time, talents, money, possessions, etc.
- Are you storing up treasures on earth or in heaven?
Are you serving God or money?
No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24
- Jesus talked about money more than any other subject because He knows money is the chief competitor for our heart.
- Money is not bad. In fact, money can be used to do a lot of good.
- The Bible does not say money is the root of all evil. It says, The love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. 1 Timothy 6:10
- Is Jesus the Lord of your life?
Grow in your trust of God.
So do not worry saying, “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or “What shall we wear?” For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Matthew 6:31-32
- Understand, through Jesus, God is your Heavenly Father.
- Worry is evidence of a lack of trust.
- In your life, is there more fear or faith?
Love other people instead of judging them.
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. Matthew 7:1
- When you see other people, do you immediately judge them or love them?
- The world is full of critics.
- Jesus said the most important commandment is to “Love God and to love others.”
Are you living a Self-centered life or a God-centered life?
“Never allow your heart to question God's love. Settle it on the front end of your quest to know Him and experience Him: He loves you. Every dealing He has with you is an expression of His love for you. God would not be God if He expressed Himself in any way other than perfect love! What you believe about God's love for you will be reflected in how you relate to Him. If you really believe God is love, you will also accept that His will is always best.” -Henry Blackaby, Experiencing God