Most people spend their life looking for “the one.” Dating and marriage is a big deal to all of us. It causes a lot of joy and stress. Yet, marriage is a gift from God. It is the way God created relationships to work. A key to a great marriage is marrying the right person. Therefore, be godly in the way you date and pursue your future spouse. Then when you are married, keep your priorities right. “The One” should always be God. When you keep God first in your life and you pursue Him, then your marriage and dating relationships work. When you put someone else over God as “the one,” then you have trouble and challenges. Prioritize God as “the One” in your life today. God wants you to succeed. Trust Him today!
1. God created marriage
The Lord God said, “It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Genesis 2:18
- Marriage is God’s design.
- There is a Biblical definition of marriage and there is a legal definition of marriage.
- God gave marriage for a purpose: for companionship and for reproduction.
- The sanctity of marriage.
2. It’s okay to be single
Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man and He brought her to the man. Genesis 2:22
- You are fully you without being married.
- Marriage doesn’t complete you; only God completes you.
- Wait for the right person to marry.
- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
- God does call some people to be single.
3. God wants you to have a great marriage
Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. Genesis 2:25
- Intimacy is a wonderful aspect of marriage.
- Don’t trade love for lust.
- Fight against shame in your marriage.
- Grow your marriage.
4. In order to find “the one,” you need to fall in love with “the One.”
Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” This is the first and the greatest commandment. Matthew 22:37-38
- Only in God can you truly be fulfilled.
- Who you marry is the second most important decision of your life.
- “What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?” - Sacred Marriage
- Prioritize God as “The One” of your life.