Student Center | 4-6pm weekly | ALL 9th-12th Grade Students
Kicks off January 17!
- High school programming will have a combination of worship, a message, and small group and game zone time for students. Worship will take place in our NEW Student Auditorium! Seating will be clearly marked and spaced 6 feet apart.
TUESDAY NIGHTS | THE BREAK:
We the continued rise in COVID numbers in our area, for the time being we have decided to scale back on our number of weekly meetings. For the indefinite future, we will not be meeting on Tuesday nights. We do plan on bringing The Break back as soon as we can!
All staff and leaders are required to wear a mask while indoors during the entirety of our programming. Students are required to wear a mask during all "free time" portions of programming when indoors.Masks will be encouraged but will not be required when outdoors or when students are able to be appropriately socially distanced during programming.
SAFETY & HEALTH PRECAUTIONS:
- Drop off and pick up will be located at the West Entrance of the new Student Center. Follow the signs to the doors. A staff member will be stationed at the door for a hands-free check in experience.
- Small groups will remain broken down by grade and gender, and students will remain socially distanced when meeting indoors for small groups.
- When in a large group setting, seating will be clearly marked and spaced 6 feet apart.
- We encourage students to bring their own Bible, pen, and paper.
- All staff and leaders will be wearing a Family Ministry volunteer t-shirt so that students and parents can easily identify them.
- All staff and leaders are required to wear a mask while indoors during the entirety of our programming. Students are required to wear a mask during all "free time" portions of programming when indoors.Masks will be encouraged but will not be required when outdoors or when students are able to be appropriately socially distanced during programming.
About Our Ministry
Rolling Hills' High School Ministry is designed to continue building on the biblical truths taught in our Middle School Ministry. As our teens grow and own their faith, we want to provide them with many opportunities to actively grow in their spiritual maturity before leaving our ministry.
During high school years, the pressures of discovering who you are, what you want to do in life, how to put faith into action, how to use wisdom in relationships and how to handle more responsibility can be overwhelming. Our hope is to partner with parents to guide and encourage students to actively live out their faith in everyday life and equip them with the spiritual maturity they will need to be successful in college and the world.
During their time in our High School Ministry, students will learn these core truths:
I am created to pursue an authentic relationship with Jesus.
I am designed to be an active part of a community who points each other to Christ.
I exist every day to demonstrate God's love to a broken world.
Sunday Night Worship
High School Worship is our weekly worship experience for 9th-12th grade students. It is designed specifically to engage our high schoolers and their friends through creative biblical teaching, fun games and inspired worship.
We offer worship and small groups for 9th-12th grade students on Sunday evenings from 4-6pm in our Student Center. Small groups are gender- and age-specific. Students learn to study the Bible with small group leaders, and our goal is to create an environment that encourages unity and conversation. Our curriculum is written in-house and is designed specifically for our students. We want to help develop and equip students with a deeper understanding of scripture. Each week, our students will encounter the gospel through in-depth study of the Bible with the intent to show how all the scriptures point to Jesus, and how the gospel has the ability to transform a student's life.
New here? Here's what you need to know!
Whether you're new to our area, new to Rolling Hills, or just in town for a visit, we consider it a privilege to spend time with your high schooler! When your visiting 9th-12th grader arrives for Sunday night programming, our volunteers will be able to get them connected with their age group.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our High School Pastor, Brandon Billups.
Next Steps for High Schoolers
Is your high school student interested in learning more about what it means to follow Jesus, taking the next step of baptism, serving opportunities, leading worship, etc.? We'd love to parter with you, the parent, in helping them with any of their spiritual Next Steps. Reach out to Brandon Billups for more information.