Once we become disciples, God wants us to make disciples.
God has called us all to REACH OUT to those around us with the good news of Jesus Christ.
There are people on our street, in our city, in our country, and all over the world that need to hear the Gospel and see it lived out.
We all have circles of influence that God has intentionally placed us in. Places where we can make a Kingdom impact. This starts on our street and flows to the ends of the earth.
You live where you live for a reason. God has placed you there to love your neighbors and to share the Gospel with them. Who are the people God has placed around you and how can you be intentional about reaching them?
1. Do you know the names of the people who live around you? Sharing the Gospel is more than knowing your neighbor’s name, but it is not less.
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn the names of the people around you.
2. What do you know about your neighbors besides their names? The best way to share the gospel is by relationally getting to know the people God has called you to reach.
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn more about your neighbors. Be intentional about engaging them in conversation beyond the normal small talk.
3. What do you know about the spiritual state of your neighbors?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Be intentional about learning more about their spiritual worldview.
4. Do you feel comfortable about sharing the gospel with your neighbors when the time is right?
We have missionaries stationed in almost every neighborhood and apartment complex in our area. You are one of them.
We have gatherings of Christians meeting in almost every neighborhood and apartment complex in our area. Your Community Group is one of them.
How many people do you think live in your neighborhood or apartment complex? How many of those people do you think are followers of Christ?
What if you and your Community Group committed to reaching the people around you?
1. Are you in a Community Group? Is there one in your neighborhood?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Search HERE for a Community Group in your area. If there is not one, maybe God is calling you to start a new group to reach new people. You can do that .
2. Does your Community Group have a Missions Mobilizer yet? A Missions Mobilizer is responsible for coordinating quarterly and on-going missions opportunities to reach the area that the group meets in.
‣ NEXT STEPS | If not, maybe God is calling you to be that for your group. Let us know .
3. How can you and your group be intentional about reaching your neighborhood or apartment complex?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Your group or your family could do a prayer walk in your neighborhood and ask God to move. Begin to see your group as a front door to the church for your neighborhood.
Your community is the people and places that are part of your normal rhythms of life.
Examples of things that are part of your community:
‣ The stores where you frequent on a regular basis.
‣ Your kids’ school.
‣ Your workplace.
‣ Your kids’ sports teams.
God wants us to see our community as not just places we frequent, but people who need the love of Christ.
1. Do you know the names of the people in the restaurants and stores you frequent the most?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn the names and begin to learn about the people. Ask how you can pray for them.
2. How can you be intentional about sharing the gospel relationally with the people in these places?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Begin to see these places and people as purposely placed in your life so that you can be a light of the gospel to them. Get to know them and let them get to know you.
3. Have you ever invited people in your community to church?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Invite one person this week to church.
4. Do you feel comfortable about sharing the gospel with the people in the community when the time is right?
We want our cities to be better because we have campuses there.
We are not just in Franklin; we are FOR Franklin.
We are not just in Nashville; we are FOR Nashville.
We are not just in Nolensville; we are FOR Nolensville.
We are not just in Columbia; we are FOR Columbia.
We are FOR the good of the people, the community, and the city.
In our cities, we have GOD-SIZED dreams of building the kingdom.
We desire to:
FEED THE HUNGRY
What would it take to end hunger in our cities?
RESTORE THE HOMELESS
What would it take to end homelessness and restore dignity to ALL?
INVEST IN EDUCATION
What would it take to invest in the education of those in our city?
OTHER LOCAL MISSIONS PARTNERS
1. Have you ever been a part of our quarterly Saturday Serves to minister to our cities?
‣ NEXT STEPS | You can see when the next Saturday Serve is HERE.
2. Has your Community Group served with any of these partners?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Plan a quarterly missions project for your group to support one of these organizations.
3. Do you feel called to make an impact and serve as a leader in local missions?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Let us know .
We are committed to partnering with other churches and organizations to REACH our country for Christ.
Rolling Hills was once a church plant and we have a heart for helping churches reach the cities that God has called them to.
We are partnering with:
City View Church | Atlanta, Georgia
Desert Ridge Church Phoenix, Arizona
We will be sending teams in 2022 to help build the kingdom in these cities.
When: Spring Break 2022 March 13-18
Who: Anyone over the age of 10. 15 and under must be with a parent (25 spots available).
What: Working on the Apache Reservation doing construction and prayer, serving at a food drive in downtown Phoenix, and running a kids camp for our church planting partner Desert Ridge Church. The trip will also include a spring training baseball game and end with a trip to the Grand Canyon.
Cost: $600 per person (Cost includes flights, in-state travel, food, and recreation). We will equip you on how to raise funds for your trip! A non-refundable deposit of $100 per person is due by December 31st to reserve your spot.
When: Spring Break 2022 March 12-15
Who: All Middle Schoolers and Adults (25 spots for students and 10 for adults).
What: Working with our Atlanta church planting partner City View Church to reach the city for Christ by providing block parties for the community and serving the city. The trip will end with a day at Six Flags!
Cost: $175 per person (Cost includes travel, food, and recreation). We will equip you on how to raise funds for your trip!
In 2008, Rolling Hills launched a nonprofit organization called Justice and Mercy International (JMI) to meet the challenges of working in cultures antagonistic to the gospel. JMI facilitates the international mission purposes of Rolling Hills. Through this vehicle, we've even been able to serve as a missions conduit for other churches interested in collaborating with us.
The heartbeat of JMI is a long-term and meaningful commitment to the people we serve. Through JMI, Rolling Hills already has local NGOs established and fully staffed in Moldova and Brazil.
1. Do you have a passport? That is the first step of international missions.
‣ NEXT STEPS | Apply for a passport HERE.
2. Do you want to learn more about Justice and Mercy International?
‣ NEXT STEPS | You can learn more HERE.
3. Go on an international mission trip?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn more about our December 27-January 3 Christmas in Moldova trip HERE.
When: Spring Break 2022 March 12-19
Who: Anyone ready to go on mission (12 and up)(must be vaccinated for this trip).
What: Expect to travel up and down the Amazon, Solimões, and Negro Rivers on a double-decker boat called the Discovery that serves as both housing and transportation. You will see long stretches of uninhabited waterways connecting remote villages, towns, and isolated homes along the banks. Every trip we make will have a specific service mission at its core. This may include training, vacation bible study programming with kids, medical care, home visits, and construction projects. Our teams always bring the love of Jesus and share the Good News.
Cost: Estimated: $2,600 There is a $500 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot.