Do Good Local is our local mission initiative to mobilize our people for the good of where God has placed us.
Doing Good for our Neighbors.
You live where you live for a reason. God has placed you there to love your neighbors and to share the Gospel with them. Who are the people God has placed around you and how can you be intentional about reaching them?
1. Do you know the names of the people who live around you? Sharing the Gospel is more than knowing your neighbor’s name, but it is not less.
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn the names of the people around you.
2. What do you know about your neighbors besides their names? The best way to share the gospel is by relationally getting to know the people God has called you to reach.
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn more about your neighbors. Be intentional about engaging them in conversation beyond the normal small talk.
3. What do you know about the spiritual state of your neighbors?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Be intentional about learning more about their spiritual worldview.
4. Do you feel comfortable about sharing the gospel with your neighbors when the time is right?
Doing Good for our Neighborhood.
We have missionaries stationed in almost every neighborhood and apartment complex in our area. You are one of them.
We have gatherings of Christians meeting in almost every neighborhood and apartment complex in our area. Your Community Group is one of them.
How many people do you think live in your neighborhood or apartment complex? How many of those people do you think are followers of Christ?
What if you and your Community Group committed to reaching the people around you?
1. Are you in a Community Group? Is there one in your neighborhood?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Search HERE for a Community Group in your area. If there is not one, maybe God is calling you to start a new group to reach new people. You can do that .
2. Does your Community Group have a Missions Mobilizer yet? A Missions Mobilizer is responsible for coordinating quarterly and on-going missions opportunities to reach the area that the group meets in.
‣ NEXT STEPS | If not, maybe God is calling you to be that for your group. Let us know .
3. How can you and your group be intentional about reaching your neighborhood or apartment complex?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Your group or your family could do a prayer walk in your neighborhood and ask God to move. Begin to see your group as a front door to the church for your neighborhood.
Doing Good for our Community.
Your community is the people and places that are part of your normal rhythms of life.
Examples of things that are part of your community:
‣ The stores where you frequent on a regular basis.
‣ Your kids’ school.
‣ Your workplace.
‣ Your kids’ sports teams.
God wants us to see our community as not just places we frequent, but people who need the love of Christ.
1. Do you know the names of the people in the restaurants and stores you frequent the most?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Learn the names and begin to learn about the people. Ask how you can pray for them.
2. How can you be intentional about sharing the gospel relationally with the people in these places?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Begin to see these places and people as purposely placed in your life so that you can be a light of the gospel to them. Get to know them and let them get to know you.
3. Have you ever invited people in your community to church?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Invite one person this week to church.
4. Do you feel comfortable about sharing the gospel with the people in the community when the time is right?
Doing Good for our CITY.
We want our cities to be better because we have campuses there.
We are not just in Franklin;
we are FOR Franklin.
We are not just in Nashville;
we are FOR Nashville.
We are not just in Nolensville;
we are FOR Nolensville.
We are not just in Columbia;
we are FOR Columbia.
We are FOR the good of the people, the community, and the city.
In our cities, we have GOD-SIZED dreams of building the kingdom.
We desire to:
*Select the initiative to view our ministry partners
FEED THE HUNGRY
What would it take to end hunger in our cities?
RESTORE THE HOMELESS
What would it take to end homelessness and restore dignity to ALL?
INVEST IN EDUCATION
What would it take to invest in the education of those in our city?
OTHER LOCAL MISSIONS PARTNERS
1. Have you ever been a part of our quarterly Saturday Serves to minister to our cities?
‣ NEXT STEPS | You can see when the next Saturday Serve is HERE.
2. Has your Community Group served with any of these partners?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Plan a quarterly missions project for your group to support one of these organizations.
3. Do you feel called to make an impact and serve as a leader in local missions?
‣ NEXT STEPS | Let us know .