God is at work in your life. God is inviting you into a relationship with Him. Jesus is our Good Shepherd, and He calls you by name. Will you respond to His grace, mercy, and love today? When you are one of His sheep, He promises to take care of you. Anxiety, worry, and fear come when we take our eyes off Jesus and focus on our problems. You stare at a problem long enough, it grows; you stare at Jesus long enough and peace comes. Allow God to lead you, and trust His plans for your life. Will you follow Jesus and find the peace you are looking for today?
“He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His Name’s sake.” Psalm 23:2-3
How do we fight against this pandemic of anxiety, worry, and fear in our life and culture?
1. Commit your life to follow God.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I lack nothing. Psalm 23:1
- Not your family’s faith or your country’s faith, but your relationship with God.
- You can be a strong Christian and still deal with anxiety, worry, and fear.
- Are you running from God or running to God?
2. Allow God to lead you.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, Psalm 23:2
- We try to solve our problems before we ever pray about them!
- Loneliness is an epidemic in our culture. But, it doesn’t have to be!
- Be honest with God and with others - “How are you really doing?”
3. Schedule time to be with God.
He refreshes my soul. Psalm 23:3
- Sabbath is a day set-apart to worship and simply be with God.
- Build margin into your life.
- Nourish your soul.
4. Trust God’s plans for your life.
He guides me along the right paths… Psalm 23:3
- Worry, fear, and anxiety result when we think we know more than God!
- God’s plans are better than your plans.
- It doesn’t mean everything will be easy, but God will always be with you.
5. Learn to see your life from God’s perspective.
...for His Name’s sake. Psalm 23:3
- In your life, are they problems or opportunities?
- God is growing your faith.
- God is doing something bigger in your life than you can see.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7