One of the primary ways God changes us is through His Word. Bible reading is one of the most important practices in our formation. Placing ourselves in Scripture daily is the single greatest habit the people of God can do.
IF I AM NOT READING THE BIBLE CURRENTLY,
WHERE DO I START?
If you want to start doing anything, you need a plan.
As a church, we have a reading plan that we walk through together.
This daily Bible reading plan is called Daily Step.
HOW DO I GET THE MOST OUT OF MY READING?
Read smaller sections.
Ask these questions of the passage you are reading:
1. What does this passage teach me about who God is?
2. What does this passage teach me about who I am?
3. What practices are there to emulate?
WHAT'S YOUR NEXT STEP?
Are you reading the
‣ START TODAY
‣ "40 Questions About Interpreting the Bible" by Robert L. Plummer
‣ "A Basic Guide to Interpreting the Bible" by Robert H. Stein
‣ "Spiritual Disciplines For The Christian Life" by Donald Whitney